Saturday, January 5, 2008

First Steps

Arrived in London to attend a three month course in Tropical Medicine at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Thanks to my friends and family for the send off messages. I hope to keep you informed with this blog. I have about forty classmates, fellow physicians from 5 continents(Antarctica and South America are not represented). My head in the books for three months may not lend itself to interesting experiences for blog postings. However I hope to spend this quiet time in reflection. The centering process could result in some thoughts or feelings worth sharing. Let's hope so and I look forward to hearing from you.

3 comments:

Dick said...

Steve, thank you for this "BLOG" as a way to stay in touch. I'm glad to hear that you made it safely to London and that you have met your fellow classmates. As we celebrate the Epiphany tomorrow, I can't help but compare your venture to the journey of the magi who followed the star not knowing where it would lead them! I continue to hold you and your family in prayer. Shalom! Dick

Pat said...

Steve - Great idea on getting a blog. Breathe in all the experiences and new thoughts and get them down to reference when you need them. Also, it will be great for us to follow your travels as well. It will be nice for a few of us to live vicariously through your amazing work.

In the meantime, I have selected Fulham as the EPL team that you should follow for the next 3 months. They feature two Americans in the starting 11, including Clint Dempsey (Furman!) and Carlos Bocanegra. Fulham are in the bottom third and need your attention. :-)

All the best and keep in touch.

Pat

Rosemary Klein said...

Somehow I'm not surprised that you would jump on this opportunity to reflect...I hope you will share those reflections with us. Your head is always an interesting place to be!

Take care,
Rosemary